The Specialized Training and Evaluation Program (S.T.E.P.) provides work adjustment training and ongoing work evaluation to assist people in returning to competitive employment. There is a brief initial assessment when each participant enters the program to identify functional abilities. This "situational assessment" involves observing the individual's performance using real work. The goal of this assessment is to identify vocational strengths and potential barriers to employment. The program also serves to strengthen self-esteem and self-confidence levels by building on strengths and providing a success-oriented atmosphere.
Our staff assists each S.T.E.P. participant in developing individualized goals based on his or her specific needs and interests. Typical goals for the program will address:
- Developing improved endurance and stamina
- Working as part of a team
- Interactions and social communication skills with co-workers
- Ability to accept supervision
- Following and recalling directions
- Improving fine motor skills
- Improving concentration
S.T.E.P. offers the following vocational rehabilitation services:
- Vocational Evaluation/Situational Assessment
- Interest Testing
- Work Adjustment Training
- Access to Job Placement Services
- Skill Development
S.T.E.P. services are offered on a fee-for-service, referral basis.
Please feel free to Ask Jenny any questions you may have about our program or services.