The Hope Network Greatest Need Fund
YOUR GIFT TO THE GREATEST NEED FUND HELPS PEOPLE OVERCOME AMAZING ODDS.
In 2014 alone, over $270,000 from the Greatest Need Fund was distributed across Michigan to meet immediate needs.
When you donate, your gift combines with the generosity of others and goes directly where help is needed the most.
To find out how you can make a difference, click to expand the links below and contact us at 616.248.5205 or firstname.lastname@example.org to learn even more.
The needs are great, but we can overcome them together. Click to give today.
Why Does My Gift Matter?
- View our recent impact stories to see Greatest Need Fund gifts in action.
- A Moving Experience at Gordon Food Service
- A Growing Difference in Jackson
- Greatest Need Fund gifts have been used to meet diverse needs, including:
- To remove transportation barriers for those with disabilities who want to attend a Bible study.
- To give children access to therapeutic tools to enhance their emotional and psychological growth.
- To meet basic needs, like providing personal hygiene kits or emergency funding to purchase shoes for those in desperate need.
- To enhance our services so that every person in need can receive the absolute best care.
How Can I Help?
- Meet a need by making a gift.
- Give Online
- Mail your gift to Hope Network Foundation, PO Box 890, Grand Rapids MI 49518-0890.
- Make a larger gift stress-free by pledging to give throughout the year or setting up a recurring gift. Contact us for details.
- Sponsor or attend one of our events.
- Hope Network Galas in Detroit and Grand Rapids benefit the Greatest Need Fund. Visit our Event Calendar to learn more.
- Spread the word to help raise awareness and dollars.
- Share information through Facebook, Twitter, or any social networking site.
- Find a creative way to generate more support – contact the Foundation today at 616.248.5205 or email@example.com to explore options with us.
Your gift is an investment in the needs of people all around you. Give hope today.
A Moving Experience at Gordon Food Service
Sometimes, a simple opportunity is all it takes to produce massive change. Last spring, Hope Network’s Supported Employment program received $20,000 to partner with Gordon Food Service, providing three-month paid internships. Eleven individuals interned over the summer in a variety of office and warehouse departments within GFS.
Spring 2014 GFS Interns and Hope Network Staff
For those 11 interns, receiving a paycheck while gaining professional experience was incredibly meaningful. During the internship graduation ceremony, more than one participant expressed their gratitude, a few doing so while fighting back tears.
The staff members at GFS were incredibly moved by the entire experience. According to Jill Day, GFS Talent Sourcer, the partnership became the highlight of her 30-year career. Expectations were low to start, but the GFS team quickly realized that the most inspiring and impressive talent often comes from the most unexpected places.
A Growing Difference in Jackson
Hope Network’s J-Town Clubhouse in Jackson, Michigan provides incredible day programming for individuals with mental illness. The 55 active members are truly self-sufficient—they run the front desk, provide computer skills support, prepare meals, and more.
In summer of 2014, the program received $2,250 from the Greatest Need Fund to purchase gardening supplies. These dollars were used to purchase wheel barrels, watering cans, a garden shed, shovels, rakes, plants, and seeds—all for vegetables that J-Town members grow and either use or donate to local food banks.
But the members made this opportunity into so much more. In the words of Bonnie Blanton, Clubhouse Director, “Our members have benefited so much from the garden, it has helped not only in production of food, but also in cultivating new relationships with the community we live in and the members we serve.”