Post-Acute Transitional Rehabilitation addresses a patient’s immediate need to redevelop real-world skills, develop strategies to overcome physical and cognitive limitations, and reestablish a productive lifestyle in the community.
We do this in many ways, with the support of many experts. The coordinated efforts of our team, and the utilization of services like Physical Therapy, Occupational Therapy, Speech-Language Pathology, Social Work, Therapeutic Recreation and/or Vocational Rehabilitation work together for the best possible outcome.
Those in the program benefit from:
- 24-hour training, assistance, and supervision of functional therapy goals by residential care team/direct support professionals
- Integrated physiatry and psychiatry oversight
- Vocational rehabilitation and return-to-work services
- State-of-the-art equipment – including a therapy pool, driver simulation, vision therapy equipment, and more
- Coordinated care
Those who qualify for Transitional Neuro Rehabilitation must fit the following criteria:
- Diagnosed with a brain injury or other neurologic impairment
- Medical care needs can be managed in a post-acute setting
- Rancho Los Amigos Level of IV or higher (brain injury)
- Requires 24-hour assistance and supervision by specialized rehabilitation team
- Requires need to develop the skills necessary to allow the re-learning and generalization of functional living skills, develop strategies to overcome physical and cognitive limitations, and reestablish a productive lifestyle in the community.
- Must be 18 years of age or older (16-17 with approval of child placement agency)