Post-Acute Transitional Rehabilitation addresses a patient’s immediate need to redevelop real-world skills, develop strategies to overcome physical and cognitive limitations, and reestablish a productive lifestyle in the community.
We do this in many ways, with the support of many experts. Our on-site, on-staff interdisciplinary treatment teams include Physical Therapy, Occupational Therapy, Speech-Language Pathology, Social Work, Therapeutic Recreation and Return to Work Services. Each work together for the best possible outcome.
Those in the program benefit from:
- 24-hour training, assistance, and supervision of functional therapy goals by rehabilitation care team/direct support professionals
- Integrated physiatry and psychiatry oversight
- Vocational rehabilitation and return-to-work services
- State-of-the-art equipment – including a therapy pool, driver simulation, vision therapy equipment, and more
- Coordinated care
Those who qualify for Transitional Neuro Rehabilitation must fit the following criteria:
- Diagnosed with a brain injury or other neurologic impairment
- Medical care needs can be managed in a post-acute setting
- Requires 24-hour assistance and supervision by specialized rehabilitation team
- Requires need to develop the skills necessary to allow the re-learning and generalization of functional living skills, develop strategies to overcome physical and cognitive limitations, and reestablish a productive lifestyle in the community.
- Must be 18 years of age or older (16-17 with approval of child placement agency)